- 1 lb. Brisket, sliced
- 8 oz. Vermicelli Noodles
- 32 oz. Chicken Stock
- 8 oz. Tomato Sauce
- 1 Green Bell Pepper, sliced into thin strips
- 1 Red Jalapeno, sliced into thin strips
- 1⁄2 Sweet Onion, sliced thin into strips
- 2 Garlic Cloves, minced
- Fresh Cilantro
- Cotija Cheese
- Flour Tortillas
- 2 Fresh Limes
- 1 Avocado
- 1 tsp. Salt & Pepper
- 1 tsp. Cumin
- 1 tsp. Dried Mexican Oregano
- 1 Bay Leaf
- Heat 1 Tbsp. Lard in Skillet on medium heat.
- Add Vegetables & Seasoning, Sauté 10 min.
- Add Noodles and cook until they start to turn golden brown, roughly 5 minutes. Coat with 1 more Tbsp. Lard if need be.
- Add Chicken Stock, Tomato Sauce, Brisket & Bay Leaf, and bring to a Simmer.
- Reduce Heat and Simmer on low for 10-15 min., until noodles are soft.
- Pour into a bowl. Top with Sliced Avocado, Cilantro, Cotija Cheese, and a squeeze of lime.
- Flour tortillas are great to sop up the sauce with!